Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Tea Party??? Hmmm...

The Tea Party is a mockery of itself. Where does there name come from? Are they making a reference to the Boston Tea Party where colonists refused to pay taxes on the British tea and destroyed all their tea? I feel as if they are degrading a notable moment in the history of the United States. The Tea Party isn't defending their well being like the colonists where, they are defending their pockets. The Obama Administration of today has no notable parallel to the British government of 1773. Our government hasn't taxed anyone without representation. I understand that the Tea Party has a problem with government spending and would like the government to have better fiscal responsibility. But do not try to play on the emotions of Americans and use the Boston Tea Party as a subliminal scheme to draw supporters. It's just not moral. Then again, when have politics ever been moral?

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree wit you! I think the Tea Party is a disgrace. It especially upset me to find out that they held a meeting on the day that a march for Martin Luther King Jr. took place. I find them to be arrogant and unimportant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also blogged about the Tea Party Movement. Their platform seems to be in direct opposition to our presidents. I'm all for political expression but this is extreme

    ReplyDelete