Thursday, December 2, 2010

Presentation

These are two poems I wrote for my presentation
Beautiful Rise
Oppression is the wisest of the wise
Built like a Roman God: tough and strong
And for so long my people have been done wrong
The rose still blooms as I still rise
The seed of intelligence buried underneath the oppression dirt
Small roots hanging on for dear life
Oppression tortures stabbing with a butter knife
The seed is protected; you can do it no hurt
Starting to grow to the brink of breaking the surface
And when it rains it pours
Ready to breathe on the open shores
My God cries on me to give me his purpose
Sun shines on its thimble thorns
Red as fire but soft as a white sheep
Once was in a forgetful sleep
But it's time to sound the horns
I've seen the ones that silently lay rest
But now I'm fully-grown
Blowing left and right from the airs soft whisper tone
My people shall stay on top, now the dirt’s oppressed.


Unity
Everyday I celebrate unity
Because I feel it's my social duty
Not to see race
And not to see the color of your face
Bcuz at Howard were climbing an expontential pace
To work in Gods Grace
We've created a strong base
Of different personalities
Let's work towards racisms fatality
Because discrimination still has mortality
I'm telling you now believe it because it's reality
But we can make this change
The time is now; the sweet bells rang
I'm so ready to get this problem slain
Because I celebrate that we aren't all plain
If this is crazy I don't wanna be sane
I have true hope for this town
That no discrimination call pull us down
Let's be the best; let's wear the crown
You may ask Mr. Derrick how?
And I'll say let's continue celebrating unity now
I don't need Michael Jackson to say this is it
Thank god I'm not my ancestors the saw the bottomless pit
But because of their strength and endless wit
I can stand up here and present my skit.
Ima end this now but I have things to say
Let's set the path; make them follow our way
We don't need the sun to make a brighter day
Because leadership is influence so it's okay
To let the others come and play......
This new game we call unity.

1 comment:

  1. Your creativity is amazing. I did not know you were so talented. Your poetry speaks truth. My favorite was unity. It speaks on how we shlould be together as community. You speak of the new generation having a better future. You were honest.

    ReplyDelete