Friday, October 15, 2010

Self-Assessment

I usually right about current events. It usually has to deal with something I find of relevance. The theme tends to be about African-Americans or something that the African-American community finds important. I have noticed that the blog has made me more attentive to news now. I like to keep up with current events so I have something to write about. I have actually installed a New York Times application on my phone so I can keep an update on the news while I am on the go. I realized that I love to throw my opinion out there alot. I thought I was just stating the facts but I am very much bias to certain information. I would revisit the Colin Powell post, because I really like what he said about the President. I value that my blog keeps me informed about current events. I am no longer ignorant to what is going on in the world.
I still do not like writing essays. Nothing has changed since I joined this class. I am a math major, so English is not something I am very fond of. My strengths are being persuasive. I tend to give my opinion very well. My weakness is trying to give someone else's opinion. I personally never cared if someone backed my viewpoint. That is why I dont like research essays. I must admit a lot of my times is not used for English. The majority of my time is used for other classes because they are more important to me. I do not think I have learned that much. I already know what to do, I just do not like doing it. The class does not draw me in to keep me attentive. I am more comfortable with using technology. I never had a blog until the class and I enjoy it. I try to keep a broad perspective, but I tend to write for "my people." I have not lived any other ethnicity, so I feel like I can speak for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment